Friday, March 29, 2013

Casa Armas

Calvin's folks come home every summer for a month so we make sure we make the most of our kainan, pasyal and weekends. So, as early as January, the search for a nice but sulit dining was on.

While there are several online group buying sites, I am always reluctant in availing deals due to the negative feedback I read in the reviews. However, Deal Grocer is an exception. I've been a loyal customer ever since my first purchase because you are assured to have the best value for your money. Deal Grocer does not sell just anything; rather, only quality products and services can be found in the site. Kumbaga, if you are going to give the coupon as a gift to someone, hindi ka mapapahiya.

Casa Armas' 4-Course Meal for 2 was one of the good deals I availed for a Saturday triple date. With Calvin, his folks and sister, we headed to Casa Armas in Greenbelt 2 for a gastronomic evening. 



Casa Armas 4-Course Meal for 2 Menu (c/o Deal Grocer)

Sopa de Ajo reminded me of my grandmother's version, while the tangy dressing of Ensalada Verde prepped my buds for more mouthwatering offerings. For the entrees, Calvin and I ordered the Salpicado and Salmon Al Horno. When I saw the food, I thought the serving was a tad small for our appetite; but only when we stood to leave the resto did I realize that it was filling after all.

Salpicado was certainly delicious! I've been skipping rice for dinner in the past month but that night I wiped out my plate. Only thing that didn't sit well with me was that it was too oily. On the other hand, Salmon Al Horno was good but wasn't the best I've tasted.

Dessert serving was also small but it should be just like that. Two or three teaspoons of this creamy and luscious caramel flan is all you need to cap off the dining extravaganza. One thing I'm truly proud about my folks in Bulacan is that their Leche Flan remains to be unparalleled in my taste buds. Casa Armas' Flan Al Caramelo, though, is one unforgettable sweet delight!

For about PhP300++ spent for each person (and comparing it to the resto's regular menu prices), it was super sulit!



Photo credit: sissy Dette Magtanong

And while our dear Seth was playing at Timezone, we segued to Serenitea. I'm a wintermelon milk tea fan, but this night I tried their seasonal featured drink, Swiss Miss Dark Choco. :)


Photo credit: sissy Dette Magtanong

2 comments:

  1. heya! not really about your blog, pero where are you from? :) kasi my last name is Trono din and I heard there are really a few Tronos daw, so most likely eh magkakamag-anak. just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My Trono roots hail from Hagonoy, Bulacan :)

    ReplyDelete