Monday, March 11, 2013

5 Things to Thank for Today

1. DEVELOPMENTS IN MY THESIS. Thesis, thesis, thesis. This painstaking endeavor has kept me afloat in a sea of worries for months already. And this morning when I opened my email, the first mail I got was one from a test author I've emailed a week or two ago. It was just a matter of sheer luck if I could get a correspondence from this valuable source for my research. And thank God I did!! And it doesn't end there; when I opened my other account, an email from my adviser brought so much enlightenment as to how I should go about my research design. As days pass, my worries are slowly turning into excitement. The engines have started roaring; I'm glad I have the propellers ready to move :-)

2. HEALTH and FITNESS. Not just for me, but for my man as well! Yesterday, "manong" (the term my friends and I call my beau -- it's not the sweetest endearment, I know!!) raced in the sprint category of TRI United 1 in Subic. I have always been his fan for his hardwork and dedication in triathlon. I wish I could do that, too! But the biking part really scares me to death. I know how to bike, but the the fact that most race accidents happen during the bike leg really brings out the coward in me. So, thank God for a safe race and good finish yesterday, honey!








3. LIFE and ITS FUN BEGINNINGS. Yesterday was also the christening of my 20th inaanak, Samantha Gail Magtanong. Yes, this adorable and kikay baby girl is the 20th on the list! Just imagine how old this is making me feel haha! Anyway, I just rationalize by believing I was chosen because I was seen as the greatest lover of children! :) That's true. I love children because they make me see life in a positive, carefree and 'no-worries' perspective. Yesterday's occasion also gave me the opportunity to catch-up with my teacher-friends, and another good news was revealed: one of them is carrying a new bundle of joy inside! Indeed, thank God for life and its fun beginnings!


photo credit: icliquephoto

4. FAMILY. This needs no explanation. Who wouldn't wake up each day thanking for that? Manong's parents arrived yesterday from abroad. And this only means one thing: lotsa get-togethers and family days! Thank God for the insurmountable happiness and contentment a family brings!

5. WORK. I know how most people, myself included, whine on Sunday nights about getting up early for work the following day. Yes, we all have times like that. But once I'm on my way to work and see this poor family on the Guadalupe-EDSA sidewalk, I can't help but feel pity for them. The parents are apparently jobless and just try to make a meager source of income by hailing cabs for passengers. And of course, that's not even enough to sustain three sqare meals a day. They may not even be eating three meals a day, while I get to enjoy not just three meals but desserts and merienda as well. I kind of feel guilty for not being able to do something for them because, like most of us, I'm in a hurry and busy solving my own problems. Not ranting about work is the least thing I could do. So, thank God for the provision of my needs through work. I am a lucky human being for all the blessings You have showered me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment