Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Break Happenings

March 22 marked the end of second term (in the school where I work) and the start of Easter break!! The first stop: Nuvali Sta. Rosa and Tagaytay with Manong's (Calvin, the boyfriend) family :)

Before heading to Tagaytay one fine Sunday, we stopped by Nuvali first. Calvin has been doing mini trainings for his upcoming Cobra Ironman 70.3 feat in August, and this day he did biking. At nakisali ako hehe! With all the sunblock and long sleeves, I mustered the courage to face Mr. Golden Sun for the sake of burning some calories! :)



Photo credit: Serge Leorna

And then...off we went to Bag of Beans in Tagaytay. I felt I had all the right in the world to go buffet because of the biking I did earlier, so this indulgence was totally guilt-free haha! Seriously, our tummies were already grumbling when we arrived at Bag of Beans. So when we saw the buffet spread, it elated us to some kind of heaven :)



main dish area, salad bar, pasta and desserts section

Since we availed the brunch buffet, I couldn't pass up the "breakfast" part even though it was already past 12 o'clock. I wasn't disappointed with their buttermilk waffle as it was fluffy and tasty. Being a sweety toothy, I must admit I loved the buttermilk more than the waffle hehe.






To formally start the meal, I had pumpkin soup and fresh green salad. I liked how the soup was sweet and creamy yet still had the distinct taste of pumpkin. I paired this with a piece of whole wheat bread. I also jumped with glee inside when I saw olives in the salad bar!




My continental fare: roast pork loin with mashed potatoes, roast chicken, breaded fish fillet and two kinds of pasta - pesto and puttanesca. In this combination, the mashed potato stood out. Although the fish fillet was nothing extraordinary, I loved its cream sauce with tiny bits of sweet mangoes (I think) in it. While I may say the pesto was superb, don't take my word for it. I'm all biased when it comes to pesto as it is mi ultimo favorito!




I was already 3/4 full when I finished my plate, but I wanted to taste their Filipino entrees. Save for a few dishes, I managed to taste a bit of almost everything.



steamed okra with bagoong and salted egg, kare-kare, 2 kinds of longganisa, inihaw na liempo, tocino, tapa and dinuguan at the center

At last, the desserts! My love for sweets is timeless, but I was really full this time. I didn't want to feel bad about eating too much so I just picked (and shared with Manong) a few panghimagas: carrot cake, fresh fruits, buko pandan and choco mousse.





For less than PhP500, buffet experience was good. It wasn't the best buffet fare I've been to but with its location and food quality, the price was reasonable enough. Considering it was very hot and humid (tanghaling tapat on a sunny summer Sunday!), we still enjoyed it. Bag of Beans also has a homey and relaxing ambiance, so it's definitely perfect for family weekend dining.



Photo credit: Serge Leorna



Photo credit: Serge Leorna





3 comments:

  1. I love bag of beans! reading your blog post makes me want to visit again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! It was my first time there and will definitely go back too. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, we missed it last year

    ReplyDelete